Friday 1 August 2014

What I liked most in July ❤️❤️❤️



Hello and welcome to a new post :) Today it's all about my most used, worn and loved things from the month July (which was a very exciting month!) It's my first favourites post, so I thought to divide it in six different parts: Make up (or Beauty), Skincare, Hair, Fashion, Random things and Inspiration of the month. Let me know in the comments what you liked most in July and I hope you like this post :)

Let's start with makeup or beauty things. This month I liked to paint my nails in summer colours, which attract a little bit more attention. I love the quality of the Essie nail polishes, which are a little bit more expensive but worth their money. The first nailpolish is a very hyped nail polish in the blogger and youtube world: Mint Candy Apple (the most beautiful mintish nail colour). It looks very fresh and is perfect for the summer. Next nail polish : Cute as a button (if you know from which music video this is I'm very proud of you and let me know in the comments aswell :D). It's a pinkish, orange mix and it looks gorgeous. The last is Sand Tropez, my all time favourite, natural, to-go nailpolish, a slightly inconspicuous colour you can wear with every fashion piece you want.
 
 Next Makeup picks I liked this month were a mascara, an eyeshadow duo and a lip butter. Last week I decided to try out a drugstore waterproof mascara, because I needed one for my holiday. Because I didn't want to buy a more expensive one like my Clinique I went for the Catrice Glamour Doll Mascara in the blue packaging (looks a little bit like a Dupe to the Hypnose Star Mascara from Lancome) and I have to say: the result is like I used my Clinique one. I haven't tested it underwater but I will do soon (if you want a review on this product, let me know). The look on the lashes is perfect and it costs only 4 euros!
 Also an all time favourite is the Astor Lip Butter in 010 Pink Lady, which is an light pink, rosy tone on the lips. It also hydrates the lips and makes them very soft and smooth.
Also I liked the Alverde Duo Eyeshadow, which is also very natural on the lids (I'm more the natural person when it comes to makeup). It's in the colour 34 Mauve Harmony and it was given to me by my best friend as an easter present. Since then I have worn this quite a lot. The Duo contains a light cream and an greyish-brown-mauve shade. I put the lighter shade all over my eye lid and in the innercorners and the brow bow. Then I put the other shade on my whole lid too and blend it in. :) It's very natural and you can wear it everyday, wheter for school, work or other dates. 



 

So let's have a look on the skincare products, I've used the most. For refreshing my face after doing my makeup i liked to use an oldie, the Lush Breath of Fresh Air (oldie because I used it everyday in summer last year), a refreshing toner with sea water. It's a two in one product, because it refreshs your face and also sets your makeup and it smells amazing!! :) 
For removing my makeup (which isn't very much in summer) I used a nature product named 2-in-1 Cleansing Milk from the brand Lavera which focuses on using plant ingredients. This removes my makeup perfectly and gives you the wakeup kick in the morning.
To shower I liked to use the Calm One Calm All Soap and Glory Bubble Bath (you can use it for showering or bathing) which contains a built in body lotion, so you haven't to use a bodylotion afterwards. And the scent is soooo delicious (I'm a massive Soap and Glory fan, they have such nice products!) 
But if you use a shower gel which doesn't contain a built in bodylotion formula, I can recommend the L'Occitane Body Cream with citron and clementine. This body cream really hydrates your skin and the care effectively lasts for over a week. I got it months ago, but it felt into oblivion. Now I use it very often, because it's so good, it's also more pricey but worth its money (I got it reduced, so have an eye on this product when there's sales time).
 
 
 Now to some hair routine picks but by far not all (if you want a hair routine let me know :) ). My all time favourite shampoo is the Lee Stafford Big Fat Healthy Hair. This leaves your hair very smooth and removes the fat in your hair completely. And it gives you much volume (big fat healthy hair :D). 
After it I blow-dry my hair and then I use the Morrocainoil Treatment to safe my tips from spliss. It also leaves the hair very shiny and smooth.

 Next station: My Fashion summer pieces :). Now I will show you the most perfect dress I've ever seen. It's a blue,patterned dress from Forever 21 in a blouse material (http://www.forever21.com/EU/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress-day&ProductID=2000068028&VariantID=&lang=de-DE ). I love to combine it with the cropped, white sweater I showed you in my summer haul. It's just the perfect dress.
Then my new trousers from Topshop (which you can get here:http://de.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=leigh&storeId=13056&productId=14365473&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-3&productIdentifier=produkt&catalogId=34054). I got them because I've seen them on Viviannadoesmakeup and I fell in love with them. You can combine them with a basic shirt or a basic blouse. When the weather is warm but not to hot , you can wear them perfectly. The legs go to the ankles and they are very comfortable because they are made from a soft material.
Last pick is my Hollister top, I got cheaper on ebay a year ago (or maybe two years ago). It has this hawaiian pattern and some ruffles. It's just perfect for the summer :)


Last category are my random favourites (random=food,Inspiration of the month,cd's, books, hobbies, quotes,events,....). This month I liked to listen to the new album from 5 seconds of summer. I love their music and I think my favourites from this album are English Love Affair and Amnesia (even though it's hard to choose two favourite songs because every song is perfect). If you don't know 5sos, go and check them out :)
Also the One Direction concert(aka best day of my life) was a massive, massive favourite of this month (how could this concert not be in my july favourites post :D). If you want to know more about it, read my One Direction Concert Follow my Day post.
This month I liked to read very much and I couldn't stop myself from reading "Das Lächeln der Frauen" by Nicolas Barreau, which is a wonderful, funny romance. I don't want to anticipate you the story but here's a little insight: There's the woman Aurelie who owns a beautiful restaurant in Paris. One day her boyfriend cheats on her and she's very sad. So she goes into a book shop and gets a book, where she recognize herself and her restaurant in the story. Because she's so thrilled, she wants to get in contact with the author and that's how the chaos begins... . If you want to read more about it, then get your hands on this book and you won't regret it.
Also I want to show you a tasty meal and dessert I've eaten on wednesday with one of my bestest friends Francisca. The restaurant was called "An Enjoyment" and we ate a flamecake and drunk some berry and orange limonade and afterwards we had a little berries cake. It was soooo tasty and I can't wait to eat their again :). 
Now a category which is maybe new. I will show you from now on every month a person (maybe more an idol), who motivated, inspired or impressed me the most. This month it's Viviannadoesmakeup (or better: Anna), who has an amazing youtube channel and blog. She inspired me the most this month, because I decided to cut my hair a little bit shorter like hers and also she has a very nice way to tell stories or to explain something.Her taste in fahion and beauty is perfect too. Her weekly vlogs are worth watching them. :) So check her out :)







Well, I think that's all. Sorry that I wrote sooooo much but well this month was the month of favourites. :D Hope you liked my July favourites and I'm happy if you leave me a comment or a follow. Thank you all and have a nice weekend,
Karina <3


No comments:

Post a Comment