Wednesday 24 December 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas Eve | Makeup, Hair and Outfit #feelingChristmassy


Ho ho ho everyone :) Today there's the last part of my #feelingChristmassy series (can't believe we came to an end with it that quickly). In this post I will show you how I get ready for Christmas Eve. So lean back and feel inspired and I wish you lots of fun :).


Makeup

So first things first: Today I've started with a base to make my foundation last longer and to moisturise my face. This is the Effaclar Duo Cream from La Roche Posay, one of my favourites because it makes your skin look more evenly and conceals some blemishes.
Then I will continue with the base, which is this time the Catrice All Matt plus Foundation in 010 Light Beige (I think it's a great budget buy foundation but not matt at all, maybe it makes your face look more chewy what I really like). After that step I cover my blemishes and dark circles with the Pro Longwear Concealer from Mac in NC20, which stays forever but doesnt feel heavy at the skin at all.
I will then use my favourite Eye Shadow Base from Artdeco and then I will use my Naked2 Basics Palette, which is gorgeous! Here I use Skimp on the whole lid and in the innercorners and my brow bow. I then continue to use Cover all over the lid and blend it in the crease and to an triangle with my lid line. Over that I will use a little bit of Skimp too, to add a little highlight.
For brows I will brush my brows and use my newest discoverie which is the Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown, to make my brows bolder and to get them in shape.
Last two steps I will do with my face form is that I will contour my face withe the Contour Kit from Sleek and use a hint of Mac Mocha at the top of it.
Then I will use my favourite Mascara which is the Clinique High Impact Mascara to define my lashes and to give them more volume.
Last but not least: Nourishing the lips with the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm and complete it with the Kiko Velvet Matte Lipstick in 613 (as mentioned in my 10 thing I loved in the past two months.





















Outfit
For the outfit I kept it simple with my new Asos Swing Dress which I'm in love with because it has a little turtleneck and three-quarters sleeves. It's so basic and just classic (unfortunately sold out :( ). Underneath I wore a thermo leggins (even if it's not cold where I live but just in case the weather decides to change its mood). Then I styled it with some Chelsea Boots from Tamaris I got from Zalando earlier this year. No accesoires needed, beacuse I wanted to keep it quite basic and simple as I will spend my Christmas Eve with my family.



Hair
For hair I washed my hair one day before, added some curl styling Spray from Goldwell, blow dryed it on top of my head, then braided my hair into a side tail fish braid, sprayed it with some hairspray from Balea (which absolutely do its job btw and is a bargain), the left it like that overnight, opened the braid on Christmas Day to get these no heat curls. After the last step I sprayed some hairspray on it (yes much hairspray was used to get this hairstyle, kinda felt like in the movie "Hairspray"). And last but not least the little Awesomness, because it couldn't be missing: a big Bow with a Scottish pattern.


So that was my post for today and I hope you enjoyed it :). At this point I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all my lovely followers on bloglovin (70 now) and to all the nice people, who leave such cute comments on my posts. I really do appreciate that and it makes feel like it's Christmas everyday. Thanks for cheering me up :) This wasn't the last post for this year, so I will see you again very soon with a little compilation of all memories from this year, to throwback time.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas with your loved ones and a great time,
Karina <3

No comments:

Post a Comment